Friday, February 3, 2012

Breakfast Smoothie

I have finally discovered the very best way to eat oatmeal...in a smoothie!
I've tried to eat oatmeal but every way I fix it I just don't like it. I adapted this recipe from one I saw on Pinterest. I tried to find it again but I'm not having any luck. Here's what I used:
1/2 banana
1/2 c cooked oatmeal
~ 2 tbsp almonds
~ 1/2 c mixed frozen fruit
3 ice cubes
1/2 c unsweetened almond milk


I threw everything in the blender and let it go. I really like the taste of the almonds in the smoothie. I've varied it a couple times this week by using peanuts instead of almonds, peanut butter instead of any nuts, the one thing I do not recommend leaving out is the banana. For whatever reason, when the banana is in there you won't feel the oatmeal. I left it out one day and had to chew :-/. Otherwise, it's delicious and it really hold me over for lunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment