Friday, February 3, 2012

Tomato + veggies = Good Pasta

I wasn't quite sure what to call this. I made it up with stuff we had on hand. Here's what we did.
First, saute an onion, green pepper, mushrooms and garlic in olive oil. I did this for about 5 minutes. Then I added some Balsamic vinegar. I don't know how much, I just kind of poured it in until the bottom of my skillet was covered. I continued to saute until most of the liquid was gone. Once that was complete I added a 28oz can of diced tomatoes. I also added thyme, oregano, marjoram, and basil. Mix it up well and let it simmer for a bit. Once it was hot I put it over some penne pasta. I didn't like it. Something was missing. So, I added a cup of tomato sauce and some garlic salt and let it cook another 20 minutes. That did it :-) Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment