Sunday, February 12, 2012

Asian Inspired Tilapia

As most of my friends, I am also addicted to Pinterest. I found this recipe for Garlic Chicken and decided I could adapt it for the Tilapia I had defrosting. I made just a few minor adjustments to the original recipe. Here's my version of what I'm calling Asian Inspired Tilapia.
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp olive oil
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
~ 1/4 c french onions

Preheat the oven to 500 F. I lined a 9x13 with foil and sprayed the foil with cooking spray. I laid three pieces of Tilapia on the foil and seasoned lightly with seasoned salt and pepper. In a small skillet, heat the oils until shimmering, then add the minced garlic. I sauteed about 3 minutes. Remove the skillet from heat and add the brown sugar and garlic powder (side note: I only added the garlic powder because I ran out of fresh garlic, if I had another clove I would leave it out). Mix it up and divide evenly over the fish. It's not a sauce. It will be crumbly. I used my fingers to make sure each piece had an even amount. Take the french onions and crunch them up over the fish. Stick it in the oven for 10 minutes and you're done! Really easy and quite good. I served it over some brown rice (I added some soy sauce to the water while it was cooking) and some stir fry vegetables that I sauteed in sesame oil and soy sauce. Great Sunday supper!

No comments:

Post a Comment