Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sante Fe chicken (but without the Chicken!)

So we're on a little bit of a restricted diet right now at the Brown's. I've struggled to find good recipes to eat without meat or dairy. I did find this Santa Fe Chicken recipe for the crockpot though, and I adapted this from that :-) Very, very simple.
1 can pinto bean
1 can black beans
1 can rotel
~ handful of fresh cilantro chopped
some frozen corn (I just poured until it looked like a good mixture)
~ a quarter red onion, chopped
Season to your liking; I used garlic powder, cumin and adobo

Dump it in the slow cooker, mix it up, put it on low. Mine was in there a good 10 hours. We ate ours over some brown rice. We also put some cut up whole wheat tortillas in the oven with some cooking spray and had homemade tortilla chips. This was quite tasty as a dip, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment