Monday, January 16, 2012

Chili Mac

Chili mac may be the best thing ever on cold, winter evenings. I had to post about this because it's super delicious and super easy.

I made mac and cheese from the Blue box. I love the blue box. Call me crazy but it's what I grew up eating and I love it. My mom and I have shared a box for dinner on an occasion or two (or three or four). It's easy and quick.

My chili is almost never the same. I never buy packets of seasoning any more so I often experiment on what I'm putting together. Usually, I end up with chili that's really good but also really hot. Today, however, I just got really good :-) My spices consisted of:
chili powder
onion powder
garlic powder
ground cumin
sugar
seasoned salt
dried parsley
dried basil
ground red pepper
flour
The flour is just a thickening agent. I cheat and buy already seasoned chili beans. Sometimes I use a jar of salsa for the tomato base but today it was just a 28oz can of diced tomatoes. Mixed it all up and let it simmer about an hour. I scooped some mac and cheese in a bowl and chili on top. Yum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment