Saturday, January 7, 2012

Quick healthy smoothie

I like these for breakfast, before a work out, after a work out or all of the above! (this is not a picture of what I made this morning but it sure looks pretty doesn't it? It does have the similar coloring though and I drank mine before I thought to take a picture of it!)
Get yourself some protein powder. The only thing I recommend is making sure it's not a protein powder meant to help you bulk up. Anything that says body building is a no go for me. I look for straight whey protein. I like the chocolate kind. A lot of people prefer vanilla because of the mixing options. Personally, I don't think it matters. This morning I mixed my chocolate powder with frozen fruit (pineapple and strawberry), some chocolate yoplait yogurt I had thrown in the freezer, a little orange juice and a little coffee. Sounds really disgusting doesn't it? It wasn't. I know. Even I'm surprised.  Here's my favorite recipe though:
1 scoop of protein powder
1 banana
8 oz fat free or light vanilla yogurt
about a 1/2 cup of frozen fruit
1/2 c of orange juice
Some times I add more juice if the mix is too thick. The chocolate powder doesn't really add that much chocolate to the smoothie so it doesn't bother me. I do also enjoy mixing it with coffee and vanilla yogurt. That's the close second for breakfast smoothies.

No comments:

Post a Comment