Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Huevos Rancheros

This is probably one of my favorite meals. We almost always have the ingredients needed to make and best of all, none of them require defrosting (which is really good for forgetful people like me!)
 Start with a tortilla. Spray your skillet with whatever spray oil you have and put it over medium heat. Once it's hot throw a tortilla on and spray the other side with oil. Flip it after about 2-3 minutes and let it crisp on the other side. The goal is to make it crunchy but not chip crunchy, make sense?
Add some fried potatoes. These are simply just chopped potatoes seasoned with season salt and pepper.
To those add some beans. I used black beans here. I've made these with refried beans, refried black beans and just regular pinto beans. They're all good. I like the refried beans better though because they make everything stick. If I have them I will generally put them on the tortilla first.
Next add cheese. We're out of shredded cheese. It may be the first time. Ever. So, I made due with a slice; however, that is not American cheese, it is a Colby, cheddar, jack blend. :-)
Huevos. Or eggs for you gringos. I like them over easy so the yolk mixes in with everything. My husband likes scrambled. Take your pick.
Add salsa and you have yourself some huevos rancheros. I sometimes add sour cream, too. Simple. Easy. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment