Monday, October 17, 2011

Cheesy Bleu Cheese potatoes

Yesterday on Pinterest (my new addiction thanks to Katrina), I found a recipe for Cheesy Ranch Potatoes. I was super excited to make them today and then realized two things. 1) I didn't have any ranch dressing. 2) I didn't have any chili powder. Now, the first one didn't surprise me too much. I don't really use dressing too much so it was really dependent on what my husband was using this month. The second one surprised me a lot. I must have used the last of it with the chili I made last month. Well, that couldn't stop this desire for cheesy potatoes.

First, I used some spices from my cabinet to replace the chili powder. These are pretty much my fall back spices when I'm not feeling super creative. They're always good though. I peeled and chopped two very large potatoes (the recipe called for red potatoes but I don't use them very often and I always have white potatoes so that's what I used!) and added the spices and some butter. Into the oven they went at 400 degrees for an hour.

When the hour was up the potatoes came out and I added a handful of cheddar jack and probably about 2-3 tablespoons of Bleu Cheese dressing! I don't tend to like bleu cheese unless it's mixed in something so I figured it was pretty safe to mix it with some other cheese and potatoes. Mix it up and put it back in the oven for about 5 minutes.

It looked yummy. Tastes pretty good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment