Monday, October 24, 2011

Dinner with the Browns

Dinner tonight was easy and delicious. I had chicken legs that I covered in barbecue sauce and then covered and put in the oven at 500 for 15 minutes and then 300 for an hour. I rubbed seasoned salt into the skin of two potatoes and placed them in the oven as well. I found the BEST corn bread recipe. Follow this recipe for absolute delight:

1 cup flour
1 cup corn meal
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Mix all the dry ingredients and then mix in the egg, milk and oil. Pour into a greased muffin tin (or 9in round pan if you prefer) and bake four 20-30 minutes at 375. I turned the oven up and added these in when there was 20 minutes left on the clock. Once the chicken had baked an hour I removed the foil covering and put it back in. I also took the potatoes out. I cut each potato in half and scooped out the insides, mixed them with butter and cheese and put them back in the potato for twice baked potatoes! I put each half on a cookie sheet and put them back in the oven about 3 minutes. You WISH you were a Brown tonight, I know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment