Thursday, October 13, 2011

Easy Apple Turnover

I read lots of recipes regarding apple turnovers today. I wanted to make them and I wanted them to be simple and I wanted to make them from what I had in the house. So here's what I took from the recipes I read. One apple, peeled and chopped; a little less than 1/4c of brown sugar; 1 tbsp of flour; 1 tsp sugar; 1 tsp vanilla. I mixed them all up and opened a package of crescent rolls. Unfortunately, my crescent rolls got cut weird. They weren't in triangles they were in long diagonal strips. Weird. I kept them in four large pieces and split the apple mixture in all of them. I sprayed them with a couple squirts of spray butter and folded the crescent roll over, pinching the sides together. I sprayed the tops of each with butter and sprinkled with a cinnamon/sugar mix. Into the oven they went at 400 for about 12 minutes. The apples weren't cooked all the way. Probably I should have sliced them thinner. Regardless, they were good!

No comments:

Post a Comment