Sunday, December 26, 2010

Spicy Chicken

I decided to try my Spicy Fried Wings recipe with chicken thighs tonight. Used the same basic recipe with one change: bread crumbs for flour. That change allowed me to bake the chicken instead of frying it. It actually turned out really good. Really spicy again, but good. The chicken was nice and crispy which is easily achievable in the oven as long as you space your chicken out at least an inch apart. I found myself really enjoying the underside though, where it wasn't as crisp. I love that this seasoning is so tasty in addition to being spicy. I added some broccoli that was simply steamed with a little (okay, maybe too much actually) seasoned salt and some Kraft White Cheddar macaroni, which is quite good in case you were wondering. As a side note, I made baked Mac & Cheese for Christmas Eve dinner and it was not good. I don't know if the oven was too hot or what but the top got too crunchy and it wasn't creamy and just not good. I do wish I had a picture of the edible Christmas wreath I made with my nephew, though. We mixed marshmellow with Fruity Pebble cereal and arranged it in a wreath shape. Very colorful. We then used pull apart cherry licorice to make holly and a big bow. My nephew is only 7 and I'm not sure he liked getting his hands so sticky, though I'm certain he enjoyed licking his fingers clean (after we were finished of course!)

No comments:

Post a Comment