Sunday, December 19, 2010

Deep Fried Goodness

Tonight, for the very first time, I used the deep fryer. My husband and I don't use the deep fryer often; fried food is bad for you we've heard. I defer to his skills when he wants to fry up some wings but tonight I took the reins and did it myself. I took a recipe from the Neely's for Spicy Fried Wings. I didn't have any crushed red pepper (which will change after my trip to Kroger tomorrow) or any Poultry seasoning (which will not change because I don't like it) so I substituted a little of this and that. I also didn't use plain hot sauce, we had some but I decided to use a flavored tabasco sauce that we enjoy. Oh. My. Goodness. YUM. I'm glad I didn't have any crushed red pepper because these were definitely spicy without it. I like spicy food as long as it's not so hot that I can't enjoy it. This recipe was interesting because rather than seasoning the breading, you season the egg mixture. What that translates to is a really tasty breading that leaves a slow burn in your mouth. It's fantastic. It's also not a really thick, heavy breading so you are able to enjoy the chicken.

I made this with some green beans from the can because I can't make the fresh ones well yet and the frozen ones seem to go bad too quickly.  I added some onion, bacon bits and seasoned salt to those. Then I chopped a couple potatos and seasoned them with seasoned salt and freshly cracked pepper and pan fried those (with just a light Pam spray because we don't want to go over board on the frying.)

Great Sunday night meal.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kassie! I finally had time to check out your new adventure! Very nice! You know I love talking and reading about food lol!I buy my spices from my all-time favorite... Aldi. Otherwise I check out what the dollar store has and only splurge on ones that I can't find at those sources. I have been able to save tones of money this way =)

    ReplyDelete