Saturday, January 31, 2015

Honey Soy Chicken thighs

You ever have days where you take something out of the freezer and think, "By dinner time I'll know what I want to do with this," and then dinner time rolls around and you're just as uninspired as you were previously? Never happens to me either....Ha. My husband sat there looking at me like a crazy person going on about how I had to have a hundred different recipes. I preferred to just stare back at him like he had no idea what he was talking about and in no possible way was he right.

Ok, well, maybe I do have close to a hundred different chicken recipes pinned...Tonight gave me the opportunity to try one as I really was not inspired to be creative. There are some days when you just wish someone came over and cooked for you. And then mopped and dusted and did the laundry too.

I took tonight's masterpiece from She Wears Many Hats blog. It was one of those recipes that you look at and realize it 1) Sounds delicious and 2) contains things you have in the pantry. Always two big pluses in my book. I followed it pretty well. Well, in that mine has everything that hers does. I'm just not good at measuring spices. I just eyeball a lot of it. We're eating this with some stir fry veggies that were sauteed in sesame oil and soy and then seasoned with garlic powder and ground ginger; and we're eating it all over brown rice.

It's really quite tasty and your house will smell amazing while it's all cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment