Saturday, November 19, 2011

Peanut butter bars

We're having Thanksgiving dinner at church tomorrow and I have to work. Generally, I'm out of work by the time church starts but I wanted to make something to bring with me. Since it had to be prepared tonight I decided on dessert. Peanut butter bars.

I wanted to make these for my small group a couple weeks ago but decided at the last minute to make something else (Oreo Cheesecake Cookies, yum). I pulled all the ingredients out tonight though and went at it. The recipe is very simple:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
4 tbsp peanut butter
The first 4 ingredients are mixed together well and pressed into an ungreased 9x13 pan. Then mix the chocolate chips and peanut butter and melt. I used a bowl and microwave, stirring every 30 seconds. That mixture is poured on top and spread evenly. Put a lid or cover on it (not anything that will touch the chocolate though!) and put it in the fridge at least an hour.

It tastes like Reese's cups. It's heaven.
Let me also admit that I stole this picture from someone else (because my phone had an accident and I haven't exactly figured this one out yet!) But they really do look and cut like that :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment