Saturday, February 21, 2015

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate shake (that won't ruin your diet!)

It's lent. Everyone gives something up. I've decided to have a different perspective this year. It's not about giving something up, but about committing something. I'm committing to 40 days of healthy eating and positive perspective. I was really excited about this new outlook and that high kept me easily turning away from bread and cookies all week. Then tonight happened. I'm sitting at home watching a movie (Harry Potter for anyone that cares) and I'm dying for chocolate. I go to the kitchen to see what I can come up with and what do I find, Red Velvet Oreos. I did not buy these. I would not deliberately temp myself. God bless my husband and his ability to eat ONE cookie and then put the bag away. I don't know how he does it.

I turned away from the cookies and decided I could come up with something that would satisfy my need for something sweet without breaking my commitment this season.

Frozen bananas puree like ice cream, did you know? I've posted about it before here, and I highly recommend you try it if you haven't. I grabbed a banana from the freezer and chopped it up. I used my 12 oz blender cup, so this isn't a giant treat, just enough to satisfy my craving. I added the banana to the cup and then filled it to the 12oz mark with Vanilla Almond milk. I added about 2 T PB2 and 2 T carob powder. Blend it up and yum. Delicious peanut butter banana chocolate shake. It's a little thin, but just darn good.
1 frozen banana, sliced
Vanilla Almond milk (about 8 oz)
2 T PB2
2 T carob powder

No comments:

Post a Comment