Tuesday, August 2, 2011

More summer fun!

Sorry! No pictures to go with this one. I love burgers on the grill but not just any burger. I want it to be juicy and have some flavor (other than what gets added to the top!) Today I had some ground beef in the fridge that needed to be used so I decided to make some up. First I fried 4 strips of bacon until crisp and sauteed half an onion in the grease. I put that in a bowl with some steak sauce and Worcestershire (don't ask how much because I didn't measure), I added some sharp cheddar cheese and some Montreal steak seasoning and mixed it up. Once that was together, I added the ground beef. I mixed it with my hands to make sure it really got evenly dispersed. I formed four loose balls and made them into patties. Since I'm the only one home right now I put one in the cast iron skillet and the other three got put in the fridge (my husband can make them for dinner). I lined a glass container with wax paper and put a sheet between each patty. Cook the burger over medium heat 5 minutes and then flip and cook another 5 minutes. DO NOT flatten the patty with your spatula. All that lovely flavor will just ooze out and it would have been a waste of time and ingredients. DO only flip them once. They will stay moist and together. I think if I were making this on the grill I'd add an egg white to help it stay together. They were amazing on the stove though. Very juicy. I didn't even put anything extra on it. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment