Sunday, July 17, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

So part of my job entails lifting 50lb bags from a pallet that is usually stacked above my head and eventually putting them back. This is difficult. What's a girl to do but make friends with the guys who work at this storage facility so they'll do it for me? How did I do that, you ask? I made cookies. And not just any cookies, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip.

I discovered how wonderful these cookies are at Potbelly's. A former coworker brought some back for lunch one day and we were all left sitting with our mouths watering for more.

I'm not sure these are as good but they'll do. Thank you Betty Crocker for the recipe. I changed it a little based on some reviews I read. I was a little surprised when I started putting the batter together because there's only brown sugar used but they're amazing. They're chewy but crunchy. I have no idea how that works out but I'll take it. Here's the recipe!
1 1/2 c packed brown sugar
1 c butter/margarine, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
2 c quick-cooking oats
1 1/4 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
12oz semi-sweet chocolate chips

Mix the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the vanilla and egg and mix until fluffy. Add the oats, baking soda and salt, mix. Add the flour a little at a time until incorporated. Add the chocolate chips. Cook at 350 for 9-11 minutes. I actually cooked mine about 13 minutes each time but ovens vary. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment