Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Chinese Goodness

A couple months ago I succumbed to the cheap temptation of season packets and bought a General Tso's packet. Usually, I try to make my own seasoning. It eliminates those unknown things that are added for preservation and what not but really, it was hard to pass up 40 cents. Tonight, I put the packet to use and was quite pleased! Instead of using straight flour as the packet suggested, I coated the chicken breast chunks in an Emeril's Essence seasoned flour. They were then pan fried in a little oil and the seasoning mixture (which included sugar, soy sauce, and water) was poured over it. It was delicious and EASY.

I found a basic Chinese Fried Rice recipe and altered it just slightly. I used a frozen bag of stir fry vegetables to mix with the rice and I used sesame oil prior to adding the rice back into the pan. Again, delicious! I have now decided I need a wok because my skillet is just too small for frying rice. So good.

No comments:

Post a Comment