Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Going all Out

Josiah's been giving me grief for the last week about my lack of cooking lately. Today I decided to surprise him by going all out. Can you guess what I made by the ingredients in this picture?

I made Meatloaf! I used 2lbs ground beef, Worcestershire, ground sage, garlic powder, ground mustard, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs. Plus, my little secret ingredient. I used egg and milk to make it a mixture, covered it in ketchup and put it in the oven. Easy.

I don't think you can make meatloaf and not have mashed potatoes. My mashed potatoes are pretty simple. I salt water and boil the potatoes and mash them with a lot of butter. The next best thing after the meatloaf though, were the cheddar and herb biscuits from scratch. I love the Neely's on the Food Network and I use their recipe. They've got a little cayenne pepper for a kick. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment