Monday, March 14, 2011

Shepherd's Pie (or something like it)

I am very proud to have made my very first Shepherd's Pie (or something like it.) I didn't use the traditional lamb. Somehow, like veal, the thought of eating a poor little lamb does not make me hungry. This is also a weight watchers recipe so it's healthy but delicious eating.
The recipe was really easy. I used ground beef that I seasoned with a little bit of this and that (I can't give away all my secrets!) covered by vegetables. I used a medley of carrots, celery, onion pearls, corn and broccoli. I used two large potatoes to make some mashed potatoes and topped it with a light covering of cheese. Mmmm. I also made some gravy (because gravy really does make everything better!) The result was quite tasty. Plus, I had everything in the house needed to make it and it wasn't overly complicated. (That part makes Josiah happy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment